Monday, August 16, 2010

Alligence

When I was in High School I had the priviledge of having an awesome youth pastor who shared his fears and failings and taught me much about life and walking with God. One of Chad's many gifts is the gift of Music. I still have never heard this song sung better than by him. Even more so the VOL, who wrote it. As part of the youth worship team, I have sung this song and it kept coming to memory recently, so i thought i'd share it today. I'm listing the link of off youtube from someone singing it. It was the closest i've come to the original version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DveZ8OrswFE

Double Cure
by: Vilgilantes of Love
yeah today i'm sick of all i am
today is my setback
first i swear i love you
then i stab you in the back
i wanna drink out of that fountain
on a hill called double cure
i wanna show you my allegiance Lord
yes i wanna be a son of Yours
so tired of all my toys
they never last for long
they keep beaming dreams and wishes
to a big dish on my front lawn
bet you all have got a story
you're just aching to tell
haven't we thrown our coinage
down the wishing well
so go and call your neighbor
proceed with all due haste
go grab your wife and sweet family
see there is no time to waste
we're gonna drink out of that fountain
on a hill called double cure
i wanna show you my allegiance Lord
yes i wanna be a son of Yours
ask me why i love Him
He gave riches to this poor
yes and i will one day see that face
over yonder shore
This is simply a song I just love. We can have all that our world has to offer and still be wanting more. If we give our alligence to our God we will have riches in Heaven. Even better when we are willing to share what the we've found with others so that they can see what it's like to be a "son" of Jesus. I don't know about you, but i definitely want some of the water from that fountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment