Monday, August 9, 2010

Sunday at the Celebration

On Sunday, a very pregnant Francesca Battistelli played at the Decatur Celebration to a crowd of excited onlookers. I have been a fan of Francesca for a while and although the radio plays her songs often, it's not the catchy tune that resonates with me. It's the words of the song and desire to let go that gets to me.

Letting Go
By Francesca Battistelli
My heart beats, standing on the edge
but my feet have finally left the ledge
like an acrobat
there's no turning back
Chorus
I'm letting go
of the life i planned for me
and my dreams
i'm losing control
of my destiny
it feels like i'm falling and that's what it's like to believe
So i'm letting go
This is a giant leap of faith
trusting and trying to embrace
the fear of the unknown
beyond my comfort zone
I'm letting go
of the life i planned for me
and my dreams
i'm losing control
of my destiny
it feels like i'm falling and that's what it's like to believe
so i'm letting go
Giving in to your gravity
knowing you are holding me
i'm not afraid
Feels like i'm falling adn that's what it's like to believe
feels like i'm falling and this is the life for me
For those of you who have known me for a while, you'll know that this is something that is hard for me to do. I come from northern Illinois and never planned on staying down here in the "south". I had a boyfriend that i planned to marry and already had the names of my two children picked out and we were all set for our little house with white picket fence and two dogs. Those things didn't happen, and it was extremely hard for me let go of the dreams i had and the plans i had made and let God lead me in a direction farther from home, alone and scared. What i can say was that for all the things i felt like I gave up when those dreams ended, God has given me back ten fold. I have a new family here, a wonderful and loving husband and i still got my two dogs. Sometimes letting go and letting God is the hardest thing we have to do, but if we are willing to give up what we thought was best, God will do so much better for us!
Here's to letting go and letting God lead us where he wants us to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment