My faith, my dogs, and my family are very important to me and i've always got great stories of funny things that happen. I also work with seniors and have many odd and funny tales to go along. I'm sure this will be a mix of things that come to mind over the days and will entertain you, challenge you and hopefully give you a glimpse into the life of a thirsty sinner like me.
I work in another town, in another county two days a week and that leaves me with about a 45 minute commute each way. I see this as a blessing most days. I get alone, quiet time and get to rock out with WBGL in the mornings. I love this chance to worship, pray and talk to God. I have found that we often have small moments of worship throughout the day. We don't always have the time to just stop what we are doing and worship or pray or read the word. Sometimes we are lucky to remember to even eat dinner let alone find time to talk with God. I am sure that my position here is in part to allow me time to sit in God's presence and be touched by his spirit.
Today i want to share a song that touches me EVERY time I hear it and has for several months now.
What Do I know of Holy
Addison Road
I made you promises a thousand times
i tried to hear from heaven
but i talked the whole time
i think i made you too small
i never feared you at all no
if you touched my face would i know you?
looked into my eyes could i behold you?
What do i know of you
who spoke me into motion?
where have i even stood
but the shore along your ocean?
Are you Fire? Are you fury?
Are you Sacred? Are you beautiful?
What do i know? What do i know of holy?
I guess i thought i had figured you out
i knew all the stories and i learned to talk about
how you were mighty to save
those were only empty words on a page
then i caught a glimpse of who you might be
the slighest hint of you brought me down to my knees
What i do i know of you?
who spoke me into motion?
where have i even stood
but the shore along your ocean?
Are you fire? are you fury?
Are you sacred? are you beautiful?
What i do know? What do i know of holy?
What do i know of Holy?
what do i know of wounds that will heal my shame?
and a God who gave life "its" name?
what do i know of holy?
of the one who the angels praise?
All creation knows your name
on earth and Heaven above
what do i know of this love?
This song humbles me whenever i hear it. Not only because it talks of a God who is real but it reminds me that i really don't know Holy. I know the stories and i can talk about God's grace and love, but to be face to face with the God of Creation is intimidating to say the least. This song just simply reminds me that as much as i know about God, there is sooooo much more i don't know or havent' learned to hide in my own heart.
I hope that this song invites you to learn more about our God to go beyond just standing on the shore of his Ocean.
Have an awesome day!
No comments:
Post a Comment