More
By Matthew West
Take a look at the mountain
stretching a mile high
take a look at the ocean
far as your eye can see
and think of me
Take a look at the desert
do you feel like a grain of sand
i am with you wherever
where you go is where i am
And I'm always thinking of you
take a look around you
i'm spelling it out one by one
Chorus:
I love you more than the sun
and the stars that i taught how to shine
you are mine and you shine for me too
i love you yesterday and today
and tomorrow i'll say it again and again
i love you more
Just a face in the city
just a tear in the crowded street
but you are one in a million
and you belong to me
And i want you to know
I'm not letting go
even when you come undone
Chorus:
I love you more than sun
and the stars that i taught how to shine
you are mine and you shine for me too
i love you yesterday and today
and tomorrow i'll say it again and again
i love you more
You shine for me
you shine for me
you shine on, you shine on
you shine for me
Chorus
I love you more than the sun
and the stars that i taught how to shine
you are mine and you shine for me too
i love you yesterday and today
through the joy and the pain
i'll say it again and again
i love you more, i love you more
And i see you and i made you
and i love you more than you can imagine
more than you can fathome
i love you more than the sun
and you shine for me
I am reminded that while God made all of creation, the heavens and the earth, he is most in love with us, sinful humans. He loves us more in our failings than he does the sun that never disappoints him, never lets him down. I am awed at how much our father loves us that he knows every tear we cry, no matter how small and insignificant we feel, like a grain of sand in the desert. I find it hard to believe that i am loved so much that God knows the numbers of hairs on my head. (Does that count the ones that fall off?!!). Be reminded today that no matter where you are, what you've done, or how you've failed, God loves you so much more than you can ever imagine.
Rest in God's love today.
No comments:
Post a Comment